Vernon-Sabin-Alameda South Construction Update
Environmental Services is replacing 10,030 feet of public sewer pipes that are between 92 and 104 years old and in poor condition. This project will help protect the public and the environment by reducing the possibility of costly breaks, leaks, blockages and sewage releases to homes, businesses and streets.
A project map is available at www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/VSASouth.
Below is the estimated Vernon-Sabin-Alameda sewer construction schedule for the next two weeks. Please be aware that this schedule is subject to change due to a variety of factors, including conditions underground, weather, traffic impacts, subcontractor schedules and availability of materials. There may be periods of inactivity between construction phases.
Week of September 15
- NE Alameda Terrace – open trench construction to place main public sewer pipe, manhole construction, and installation of branches that will connect houses to the main public sewer pipe
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING CONSTRUCTION
- Construction creates noise, vibration and dust and disrupts normal neighborhood activity.
- Typical work hours are 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, but the contractor may schedule work during the same hours on Saturdays.
- Please stay clear of all construction activities and keep children, pets and vehicles out of construction areas.
- On-street parking in or near the work area may be limited. Please observe no parking signs.
- Equipment and materials may be stored on nearby streets overnight.
- Traffic control signs are in place. The contractor maintains local access, but you should expect delays. In some cases, construction activities may impact normal use of your driveway.
- A city inspector is on-site during work hours and may be able to assist you with construction concerns. Inspectors typically wear a safety vest with “City of Portland” on the back and hard hat.
FOR MORE INFORMATION