For more Halloween topics, click this link:
Grant and Cleveland High School
Ski Team Ski Swap
November 7, 8 & 9.
SELL old gear: skis, boards, boots, helmets and apparel. BUY new/used winter sports gear.
Drop off item to sell:
Fri., NOVEMBER 7th, 7:30 – 9:30 pm, and Sat., NOVEMBER 8th, 10:00 am.
Sale Hours: SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 8th from 11:00 am – 6:00 pm and SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 10th from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm.
LOCATION: Portland Adventure Boot Camp – 1606 N.E. 37th (between Broadway and Sandy)
Vernon-Sabin-Alameda South Construction Update: October 24
Environmental Services is replacing 10,030 feet of public sewer pipes that are between 92 and 104 years old and in poor condition. This project will help protect the public and the environment by reducing the possibility of costly breaks, leaks, blockages and sewage releases to homes, businesses and streets.
A project map is available at www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/VSASouth.
DEVELOPMENTS OF NOTE
- Wet fall weather has postponed final trench paving on streets throughout the project area.
- Depending on subcontractor availability, paving will resume during windows of dry weather.
Below is the estimated Vernon-Sabin-Alameda sewer construction schedule for the next two weeks. Please be aware that this schedule is subject to change due to a variety of factors, including conditions underground, weather, traffic impacts, subcontractor schedules and availability of materials. There may be periods of inactivity between construction phases.
Week of October 27
- NE 24th Avenue (Fremont to Ridgewood) – installation of lateral branches
- Final paving of areas patched with temporary asphalt – subject to weather and subcontractor availability
Week of November 3
- Final paving of trenches patched with temporary asphalt – subject to weather and subcontractor availability
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING CONSTRUCTION
- Construction creates noise, vibration and dust and disrupts normal neighborhood activity.
- Typical work hours are 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, but the contractor may schedule work during the same hours on Saturdays.
- Please stay clear of all construction activities and keep children, pets and vehicles out of construction areas.
- On-street parking in or near the work area may be limited. Please observe no parking signs.
- Equipment and materials may be stored on nearby streets overnight.
- Traffic control signs are in place. The contractor maintains local access, but you should expect delays. In some cases, construction activities may impact normal use of your driveway.
- A city inspector is on-site during work hours and may be able to assist you with construction concerns. Inspectors typically wear a safety vest with “City of Portland” on the back and hard hat.
FOR MORE INFORMATION