April 22nd, 2013
ANA Meeting Notes
1. Peggy Valenti was introduced as the new communication chair. She is focusing on updating the website and looking to new ways to communicate ANA information.
2. Police representative reported that there were no new issues. Nothing out of the ordinary was occurring in the ANA. Some attendees lodged complaints about bikes.
3. Clean water Portland and healthy Kids/Healthy Portland came to present the support and non-support of fluoridated water.
4. There was a discussion about the historic overlap. Members from the community were interested in taking on this issue. Jim will work on contacting neighbors and set up a petition to oppose the historic district. The board voted in favor of moving forward to create a statement and clearly articulate the precess/message/goals for opposing the overlap.
5. Claudia Martin of the Sylvan Highlands NA presented their process for opposing parking meters in Washington Park. The board voted in favor of writing a letter in support of the SHNA to oppose both the in-complete public outreach process by Portland Parks and Recreation as well as opposition for placing meters in the park. A good discussion with the community members present took place.
6. Movie update – the Board approved paying for a 2nd banner at the event. Cost = $50.
7. Haunted house update. Working with NECN to get the insurance figured out. Short list of possible locations to be decided on. Have support from the Blair Witch guy.